Thursday, December 16, 2010

Half-way through week 2

Just to clarify, when I refer to "diet" I'm referring to whatever I eat. Whether it's good or bad, it's still my "diet". One of my goals is to incorporate healthier food into my diet as a norm. I'm not going to ban all junk food forever, but I do want to take control and be more aware of what I eat.

I went out to dinner with some friends last night. It was a lot of fun, but I know I ate way too many calories.

The good:
I ordered red wine instead of a margarita (we were at a Mexican restaurant)
I stopped and did not finish the basket of chips in front of me which is what I usually do
I ordered fish tacos instead of chicken flautas
I drank a decent amount of water

The bad:
I still ate too many chips

The ugly:
I split a dessert that was easily over 1000 calories

I haven't eaten very much today so far. I did cut my coffee down to 18 oz and am doing fine on that, so that will be my norm for the next week. So far all I've eaten today is an extra fiber English muffin, my coffee, and a salad. I haven't worked out because my "good" foot was killing me when I woke up this morning, so I think I'll go this afternoon as soon as childcare is available. My plan is to do at least 45 minutes on the bike (not including my warm-up and cool down).

I'm also a bit bummed because it looks like a lot of my friends are planning on doing a Rock 'n' Roll half marathon in March (including one friend who swore she was never running more than 5 miles again). I really would love to do that one, but with my other foot bothering me now, I think that's my body's way of making me stick with my original plan of training for a triathlon first, then do another half marathon when my feet are better.

Thanks to everyone who has sent me encouraging messages, I appreciate it! I almost cracked and had an unhealthy lunch today (and we're going out to dinner again tonight), but I remembered I would have to write that I did that here so you guys kept me honest. =)

2 comments:

  1. I am choosing not to count the calories from that delicious dessert. We shared it at least.

    I think I will plan to do a half sometime in the fall, rather than rushing to get up to speed for a spring one. I'll cheer you on in your triathlon training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to you?

    I pretty much failed the second half of December. Oh well. Starting over in 2011. See you soon friend.

    ReplyDelete