Monday, December 13, 2010

Week 2 (Day 1)

Again, I hope this is helpful not just to myself to be honest and keep myself accountable, but anyone else who maybe has trouble in this area. I just love food and I'm not a naturally skinny person so I have to work hard to keep myself in shape. I'm also healing from hurting myself back in September so I can't run as much as I'd like so I have to come up with other ways of working out.

If nothing else, just from being aware of what I eat last week has stopped me from eating more when I know I'm not hungry anymore. I'm also going to make it a personal goal to eat more fruits and veggies. My kids do a better job of eating them than I do, and I need to be a better example. I also realized I had not been drinking enough water since the weather has gotten colder.

So in one week, I'm more aware of what and how much I eat and the amount of water I drink. My plan this morning is to have a smoothie for breakfast. I have a lot of frozen fruit (with no added sugar) that I use. I also use 1% milk and fruit yogurt in them. One of my friends tells me I need to switch to plain yogurt because the flavored ones have too much sugar; but I'm not ready for that yet.

So yesterday was fondue night. On the plus side, we didn't do a cheese fondue, but we still had cheese slices and bread on the side. So the positive, I was aware of exactly how much cheese and bread I had, downside, I still had too much.

Workout I did yesterday was okay. I'll be deleting it from my DVR since I don't plan on doing it again. It had moments that were good and others that were not-so-good.

Workout plan for today is to swim and do yoga to give my legs a break. Tomorrow will be my rest day. I have no lunch/dinner plans for today or tomorrow so I can really watch what I eat; only problem is I'm making holiday fudge for my class tomorrow night. As long as I give most of it away and don't keep it at the house I should be okay.

That's it for now. Feel free to message me or post suggestions if you have them! =)

2 comments:

  1. I'm too lazy to look it up, but there are actually benefits to drinking full fat milk, in moderation. I'm not a milk drinker so I haven't spent a lot of time reading up on it, but we drink whole milk here. And in general, I'm the kind of person that would rather eat less full-fat, real food than "weight loss" food, but that's just me.

    Thanks for the review on the Jillian Michaels DVD. The 30 Day Shred is a good workout when you don't have a lot of time, just an fyi. Have a good week! I didn't go to the gym this morning, but I think I will go to Zumba tonight instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to combine eating more healthy food and smaller portions of less healthy options.

    I heard the same thing about whole milk, that was one of the reasons I switched us from nonfat to 1%. I don't think I could stand moving it up beyond 2% though.

    I like Shred, but I feel like if I have more time I should do more cardio.

    ReplyDelete