Saturday, December 11, 2010

Week 1, Day 6

So update from last night. We went to a Christmas party earlier in the evening, then went to a country bar for a friend's birthday. After trying to be good and drinking a Michelob Ultra, I couldn't take it anymore and had real beer.

My husband's advice was that I may want to not plan on losing any weight over the holidays and make it my goal just to not gain weight until the holidays are over. He may be on to something there. I wasn't planning on another night out until Wed, but then my MIL called this morning inviting us over to her house for a fondue dinner tonight.

Also, unexpected surprise, an old family friend stopped by for a visit this afternoon. It was good to see him, but it did throw a wrench in my motivation to go to the gym today. My back-up plan is to either run on the treadmill at home, or do another workout I taped the other week. Haven't done this one before, so I'm not sure how hard it will be, but if I feel like it's not enough I'll do some interval training on the treadmill before tonight. I don't know why, but when I work out at home, I feel like I don't do as much as when I go to a gym. I don't know if it's because I do work harder at the gym since other people are around, or if it's just in my head because it seems like "cheating" if I'm working out at home.

I had a late breakfast (lunch) this morning with my coffee. I ate a reasonable amount, but the problem is I'm hungry again. I'm going to have some decaf tea to see if that fills me up, and if not, I may have a smoothie for my afternoon snack. I make them at home so I'll measure out how much I use of everything to keep the calories in check.

That's it for now. =D

1 comment:

  1. I'm not weighing myself this whole month precisely because of the challenges of the holiday season. I'm just focusing on exercise. And apparently weekends are going to be my downfall because I did nothing yesterday and don't know what I'll do today. I am way more motivated when I am at the gym, whether I do a class or just get on the treadmill. Something about making the effort to get out of the house pushes me to make the most of it.

    P.S. You can reply to my comments from your inbox because I have an email address linked to my profile. I might not see what you say here if you reply. See you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete