Friday, December 10, 2010

Why I started this blog

I will try to keep this brief. Long story short, I hadn't lost all the weight after having my second child, and even after losing that weight, I would still be about 5 lbs over what a "normal" weight for someone my height is. My strategy with my first born was running... a lot. I injured myself back in Sept and put running (and working out) on the back burner. I weighed myself this week, and I am only 10 lbs shy of being officially obese. This is no longer baby weight (the "baby" will be two next month), it is my weight and I need to get it off.

I have also wanted to do a triathlon for almost 20 years now. While I am allowed to run (some) again, I have to keep in down to no more than twice a week. So, my plan is to train for a triathlon to keep myself on track with working out in ways other than running.

My goals are 1) Lose 35 lbs and 2) Complete my first triathlon

So there you have it, I will be trying to update this daily and ask you guys to check up on me periodically and give me a kick in the butt if I need it. I will post my weight once a week, but in reality, I'll probably be weighing myself daily to keep myself on track. My goal will be to post my work-outs and how much I ate (approx) on a daily basis. Let's do this! =D

2 comments:

  1. You are now in my list of daily reads. I can't wait to watch your progress. I am way too undisciplined for daily weigh-ins and posting what I eat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I need people I know to keep me accountable!

    ReplyDelete