Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Weigh in for Week 2 - 1lb down, 34 to go!

This morning I weighted 156 lbs, so one pound lost so far. I know most people would say "that's it?", but hey, one pound lost during the holidays is much better than a pound gained so I'll take it. =)

The fudge turned out well, I ate some yesterday, but not as much as I normally do. That was also my only "cheat" yesterday, with everything else I stuck with my diet. I will be giving some of the leftovers to my MIL when we see her tomorrow.

I'll be going out to dinner tonight and tomorrow night so this morning I did a lot of food prep for my breakfast and lunches over the next two days. I made two salads and sliced carrot sticks for me and the kids (they're underweight so they can have peanut butter with theirs =). I made a scrambled egg with "stuff" in it for breakfast (tomatoes, onions, garlic, and bell peppers). Yes I had one egg instead of egg whites plus a whole grain English muffin this morning along with my coffee. I also think it's time to cut my coffee intake again (I did this already last week) and will go from 24 oz to 18 oz starting tomorrow. I haven't had any fruit yet today so I'll plan a smoothie for my "snack" and this time I will measure out the ingredients for the smoothie.

I didn't workout yesterday, so today I'm planning to run on the treadmill and do one of the 20-minute Jillian Michaels Shred workouts. I like them, but I know I need to do more cardio which is why I'm going to run and do the workout.

For those who have asked me if my weight goal is realistic, the best answer I have is "I think so". My official goal is 122 lbs which is middle of the road BMI for someone my height. Yes, I know muscle weighs more than fat. The lowest weight I've been in the last 10 years is 132 lbs. That is when I was running a lot. That was good, but there was still room for improvement because I was not working out my upper body and abs and it was obvious compared to the lower half of my body. I'm fairly certain I can get down to somewhere in the 120s. Now I may hit 125 lbs, be in awesome shape and have to say, "Okay, that's it" if there's nothing left to lose but muscle, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I also don't want to sell myself short and slack off the last few pounds because I don't feel like it and tell myself that my body is "good enough".

That's it for today. I'm happy with losing one pound, and I hope I can have some weeks where I lose two or three pounds a week. I'm already less hungry than I was last week so that's definitely a good start.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of coffee! I only make one cup a day and don't even finish it. ;) If only I could say the same about soda, something we don't even keep in the house but I manage to acquire during the day anyway. Although I have chosen unsweet iced tea more than soda lately.

    I love reading about what you are doing! Hooray for one pound! My goal is also around 120-123, I was down to 122 when I got pregnant with B.

    ReplyDelete