Monday, January 27, 2014

You Dead? Yeh Man.



So in the interest of saving time I decided to do the High Intensity Interval Training today instead of a simpler 45-minute cardio exercise. I did four 6-minute circuits (plus the warm-up and cool down) of the Jillian Michaels "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism" DVD. For those doing the math, my total work-out time was 34 minutes today. How did I feel afterwards? A bit like this...



I'm glad I did it this morning so I'm done for the day; but I'm still feeling a little apprehensive that I'm only half-way through week 1.

So what's in store for tomorrow? This:

1. PUSH UPS 20 REPS/10 SECONDS REST
2. HIGH KNEES 30 SECONDS / 10 SECONDS REST
3. PUSHUPS 20 REPS / 10 SECONDS REST
4. HIGH KNEES 30 SECONDS / 1 MINUTE REST

5. ALTERNATING LUNGES 20 REPS (10 PER SIDE) / 10 SECONDS REST
6. TRICEP DIPS 20 REPS / 10 SECONDS REST
7. ALTERNATING LUNGES 20 REPS (10 PER SIDE) / 10 SECONDS REST
8. TRICEP DIPS 20 REPS / 1 MINUTE REST

9. SQUAT JUMPS 20 REPS / 10 SECONDS REST
10. ELBOW PLANK 30 SECOND HOLD / 10 SECONDS REST
11. SQUAT JUMPS 20 REPS / 10 SECONDS REST
12. ELBOW PLANK 30 SECOND HOLD / WORKOUT ... FINISHED

So only a 10-second rest after exercises 1-3, 5-7 and 9-11, but there's a one-minute rest after #4 and #8. And there is no repeating this series so once I finish #12 I'm done for the day. My nemesis Tricep Dips return, so far the most I've been able to do is 12 without stopping to take a break. Tomorrow my goal will be to complete 15 before stopping to rest.

For those interested in doing these, so far I have needed no gym equipment. The only thing I needed was a dining room chair. I'm working out on a carpeted area; but if you have hardwood or tile you'll probably need a mat too. The Jillian Michaels DVD also requires no equipment except the DVD, and it's one I know our local library carries or if you have Amazon Prime you can watch it on instant video for free. If you want to buy it, it costs about $10. No I don't get any money if you buy these things. :) I'm just telling everyone what I'm doing to try to help people who want to work out but may not have a lot of money to spend on gym equipment, membership, etc.

Three days to go in Week 1, first rest day is Thursday.

Oy vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment