Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Working Out Right Before Bed = Bad Idea Jeans



I mentioned that yesterday I did my 12-minute workout at 11:30 at night. Less than an hour later I went to bed. To illustrate how that worked out for me; today I've mostly resembled Sheldon in this scene:



Note to self: Given the time I want to go to bed and the minimum amount of sleep I need to be a fully functioning adult the next day, I should probably complete any workout I intend to do before 8pm.

So much for that plan. I did today's workout at 10pm. I also didn't look at the YouTube video with the warm-up, cool down she suggested. Guess I'll save that for next week. My legs feel like jelly but I do have to admit the workout seems to be getting easier. That or I'm not trying as hard as I was on Day 2.

Tomorrow is the last workout before a full rest day and it's cardio day again. It's still pretty cold where we live so I'm going to do another indoor workout and go with the 20 minute High Intensity Interval Training again. I have the Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred DVD so I will do one of those workouts. It's a 2 minute warm-up, three 6 minute interval circuits, then a 2-minute cool down. These workouts also require hand weights which I already own. Honestly I'm not sure where I'm at strength-wise so I'll probably use 5 lb weights this time around.

Looking forward to my first rest day on Thursday! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment