Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Being Sick is Good for Losing Weight

Well life got in the way again of working out and eating better. It was *supposed* to start slowing down this week, and I was hoping to get into a routine by Thursday, when, of course, I got sick.

For me, the tell-tale sign that I'm sick is I'm not hungry. Even when I have a cold or allergies, there isn't much change in my appetite. So far today all I've had is coffee and tea... the thought of eating makes me sick to my stomach. Even the Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies in our pantry aren't a temptation; hence the title of this post. It's easy to eat less when you're not hungry. I'm not moving much, but I'm eating so little I don't think it matters.

So, this gives me time for reflection since I don't feel up to doing much else.

I've been thinking about things I want out of life. There's the usual stuff, to grow old with my husband, for my children to be happy and successful, for my friends and family to live long and happy lives, but I realize those are things I don't have control over. I believe there is a God, and I know there's only so much I can do, so my goal is to do my part, and have faith that the rest is between Him and those individuals.

So what are my goals? My goals are to do the things that God has already given me the tools necessary to achieve; it's just up to me to do them. I do want to train for a Summer Tri, but I also don't want to let other things go to accomplish this training. So, the only way to do that is to be more organized with my time. As much as I loathe doing this; I think I'll have to write myself out a daily schedule so I can make sure I get my training done, but don't let other things fall to the wayside to do this.

Instead of feeling guilty that I’m not doing much this week and the house is a disaster, I’m going to take this time to organize my time better, so next week, I can start my new program without the guilt. I’ll let y’all know how I do. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment