Thursday, March 31, 2011

Another Biggest Loser DVD Review

Yesterday I tried the "Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout" DVD. I was surprised that Jillian Michaels was leading it instead of Bob Harper. The format is a 5-minute warm-up, 25 minutes of circuit training, 10 minutes of upper body, 10 minutes of lower body, and a 5-minute cool down. It had former contestants on it, and an interesting thing, I think it had two contestants who were currently on the show (when the DVD was made) on it too. It was amusing to see them all interact with Jillian so that was a nice diversion during the workout (some people may find it distracting though).

I think this workout was more difficult than the "Boot Camp" workout I did, but still a little easier than one of Jillian Michaels 40 minute circuit workouts on her DVDs. Most of the moves weren't too complicated, but there's still the issue that the former contestants are not professionals and sometimes they're not doing the workout exactly how it's supposed to be done. The nice thing was they had men and women of various fitness levels and you could tell this was difficult for some of them too.

This workout was very push-up intensive and it also had a lot of tricep work (which is my weak point). I was glad I started doing knee push-ups during this workout because there was no way I could have done full push-ups for the entire workout. One of my knees has been bothering me, so I had to be very conscious of how I was doing lunges and squats so I wouldn't hurt myself.

The 25 minutes of circuit training was definitely more difficult than Level 1 in the "Boot Camp" workout. The Boot Camp workout did get more difficult with Level 2, where in this workout the upper and lower body exercises weren't much more difficult than what I was already doing in circuit training.

Overall I thought the workout was good, but I can't see buying this for myself; it would probably just be a workout I would do once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment