Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Apparently Having Bronchitis is Not Conducive to Working Out

Yup, I have bronchitis. So does our oldest son, and we've probably had it (at least) several weeks now. So, per our doctor, he shouldn't go back to school until Thursday (at the earliest) and the two of us are trying to hack up a bunch of disgusting stuff while I'm simultaneously trying to keep him (more or less) still. I haven't worked out since last Thursday since I had a mild case of the flu on Friday, and I was still recovering Saturday, then Sunday I figured it was better not to push it and I could start working out again on Monday... well best laid plans. :P On the plus side, I have not gained weight since my last "official" weigh in last week.

I tried the "Get Ripped! Ripped 1000" DVD last week and all I can say is don't bother. They claim that you'll burn more calories by doing cardio intervals in between each weight segment, which may be true if they didn't also bring your heart rate back down after each cardio segment. So far the only one I think I would do of the Get Ripped is the "Slim and Lean" one which I would use for a strictly weight lifting workout. Granted I could probably figure out how to modify the Ripped 1000 DVD to get a better workout, but why would I spend money on a DVD that I felt I had to change to get a better workout in. If I spend money on a workout DVD I don't want to feel like I have to modify it to make it effective.

That's it for now. Trying a new recipe tonight out of the "South Beach Diet Super Quick Cookbook" called "Tilapia Margarita". I'll let y'all know how it turns out. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment