Thursday, April 14, 2011

6 lbs Down and Lemon-Caper Chicken

Weighed myself today and I am now officially 151 lbs. Being sick may have had something to do with it, but hey, I'll take what I can get. =)

We tried the Lemon-Caper Chicken on Monday and it was pretty good. I had to make some modifications to it, so I'm not sure if it turned out exactly right, but it was fine. Of course I'm not sure I'm going to make it again anytime soon simply because there are many other recipes we'd like to try before we start repeating any.

As to our challenge of not buying anything new at the grocery store until we eat what we already have; it's going well, but it's actually starting to bug me not buying anything new. I know we need to stick with it though, our pantry and freezer still have plenty of food and I think we'll be fine until June at this rate. But, I am going to break the rule for Easter Sunday. Along with all the diet cookbooks I checked out from the library, I also checked out "Mastering The Art of French Cooking". I'm going to attempt to make the "Boeuf Bourguignon" and the "Chocolate and Almond Cake". Of course I warned everyone ahead of time that if it turns out horrible we'll order pizza instead. =)

I did well with working out last week (for the most part). I worked out Mon - Fri, didn't on Sat/Sun, and was planning on working out Mon - Fri this week as well. So far I've only worked out on Monday. I'm going to attempt to make up for that (somewhat) today by doing a Get Ripped DVD as well as run on the treadmill. I'm also supposed to go out to dinner tonight (at a local Italian restaurant), and looking at the menu online there are no low calorie options so I'm going to make sure I only eat a small portion of my dinner.

That's the latest and greatest. With leftovers and everything else we have I don't think I'll be attempting any new recipes until Sunday. I will try out the "Get Ripped 1000" DVD today so I'll do a review of that next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment