Friday, March 28, 2014

Why is a Naturally Green Beverage Stranger to Me Than an Artificially Green Beverage?




I have no problem drinking a beverage that looks like that one. However, when I make a drink that is green by nature it weirds me out.

I can eat food that's naturally green. I have no problem with spinach, broccoli, zucchini, cilantro, etc. But when I mix some of these ingredients and make a beverage out of them; the color is one more obsticle in trying to make myself drink it.

I tried a different green detox smoothie today. While it would be a stretch to say I liked it; I would say I didn't hate it and it was definitely better than the last one I tried. But, I still had issues with the color. So I took a page out of my parenting 101 book and put it in a dark-colored cup with a lid and a straw. Remember, mind games with yourself and doing what it takes to get the job done.

Here's the link to the recipe if anyone's interested in trying this one. I think the cinnamon is what made it more bearable for me. I also used spinach instead of kale because we don't have any kale.

http://skinnyms.com/cleanse-detox-smoothie/

No comments:

Post a Comment