Friday, March 28, 2014

Earndit, Bulu Boxes, and Credit Oh My!




This story begins with Jeanne telling me about different (free) fitness websites I could join. One of these is "Earndit". With Earndit you "earn" credits when you work out that can go towards discounts on a variety of fitness and nutrition items. If anyone is interested in joining; here's my referral link and we both get credit when you sign up:

http://earnd.it/19kC4ty

A lot of the rewards are discounts on items I'm not sure I would purchase if there wasn't a discount. However, one month was a credit towards a free Bulu Box sample. I figured, hey, free dummy, and signed up for it.



The problem with the Bulu Box is that you get single samples of products that, for the most part, would take more than one use to determine whether or not they work. The only samples I received that I would not need more than one use of were the energy gel and the hummus and crackers sample. One was a creatine powder sample, one was a daily gummy vitamin, another was a bag of tea that promoted "better sleep, digestion, and sinus health", and a liquid fish oil supplement. Well, maybe that last one I would only need one sample of; but the idea of it grosses me out a bit, even if it is "mango peach" flavored.

The biggest waste of money in this box is the sample "focused notecard". It's to encourage you to write down your goals, which is fine, but I don't need to pay $19 for a 21-day set for what essentially is a motivational index card when plain ones cost about $3.50 for a set of 500.

Now, Bulu Box is not a bad deal if these are products you normally buy. You get coupons for some in your monthly box and by reviewing the products you can get $5 off any full-size product you buy in their online store. Every month the store has certain products available for free shipping as well. But I can't see it having enough value for me to keep a monthly subscription.


No comments:

Post a Comment