Thursday, February 27, 2014

Trying My First Detox Green Shake


So confession time (once again), I did not work out yesterday. My friend Nicole saw me at a dinner last night and asked me if I worked out, I was like, uhhhh....

This dinner was at a Mexican restaurant but I did not just eat chips mindlessly, I tried to keep a count and I think I kept it to two servings. I did have two margaritas (they were $1.99!), but I choose a salad with grilled shrimp for my dinner.

But despite not working out, when I weighed in this morning I was another pound down, whoo-hoo!

Which brings me to another confession. I used to joke I ran so I could eat what I wanted; and that was at least what I wanted to do. However, the majority of my weight loss over the past six weeks have been the result of my diet, not how much I'm working out. I'm beginning to realize that if I want to lose weight (and keep it off) just running or working out alone isn't going to do it. Now I'm not saying I'm never going to eat another hamburger or piece of pizza again, but I'm definitely going to have to be more deliberate about my food choices and when and how often I indulge in those kinds of foods. Sigh.

So, in the interest of "clean eating", I tried my first-ever Detox Green Smoothie. I will post the link to the recipe at the bottom. I had to cheat a little, I didn't have kale, and I didn't have a lemon so I used lemon juice instead. I also used only one celery stalk and about a third of a large cucumber.

This shake isn't awful, but it's not my favorite drink ever. To be honest I was a little concerned I'd feel like this after drinking it:



I don't feel like that, but I definitely prefer our homemade fruit smoothies. I can't see myself drinking these every day, but once in a while isn't outside the realm of possibility.

http://skinnyms.com/super-detox-green-smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment