Thursday, January 13, 2011

Correction =)

A friend just pointed out to me that I used an expression in my last post that isn't as clear as it could be. Of course five pounds of muscle equals the same weight as five pounds of fat. =) What I'm referring to is the fact that five pounds of fat is much larger than five pounds of muscle. So, if I have a grapefruit size of muscle in one hand, and an equal grapefruit size of fat in the other, the muscle will weigh more. The same amount of muscle weighs more than the same size of fat. Based on that, my assumption is that over the break, my poor eating habits combined with a lack of working out lowered the amount of muscle I had and added to the amount of fat I had. This would explain why I currently weigh the same as I did before but, since I can tell I'm bigger, I'm assuming I've replaced some muscle that I had with fat. I can’t prove this since I haven’t been measuring my body fat, but it’s my best educated guess. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment