Thursday, September 22, 2011

"Better. Not Good, But Better."

Kudos to whoever can guess what movie I quoted the title of this post from. =)

So, I have not worked out in about a week, I know, bad me. I was able to renew my workout DVDs from the library, so I can still try them (and post a review) before I have to turn them back in. So how without working out can I say I've been doing better? Because I have been eating better. A lot more fruits and veggies, going for healthier snacks and meals. Typically my dinner hasn't been as good as the rest of my meals, and I still crack and eat some Cheetos or Reese's Pieces as snacks, but I do count them so I have an idea how many calories I'm eating. =)

The good news is I'm now a pound and a half down from when I weighed myself three weeks ago. The weight loss has been just this week b/c earlier this week I weighed the same. So, what is my unorthodox plan for weight loss? Weighing myself and tracking my weight every day. I know this doesn't work for a lot of people, but for me, it seems to be the only way to keep myself accountable. I post a piece of paper on my bathroom mirror with the days written out for the next month (or two or three) and each day I write my weight down. It helps me track if I'm making any real progress or not.

That's it for now, this post is a bit boring I know. I hope to post a workout review in the next couple of days. I think I'll try a Bob Harper DVD; either "Totally Ripped Core" or "Inside Out Method". I'll let you know how I do. =)

1 comment:

  1. Other than the Jailbreak on Saturday and one bike workout last week I have done nothing the last two weeks. Just can't get out of my funk. Hopefully Zumba tomorrow will get me started again.

    ReplyDelete