Monday, October 24, 2011

Five Weeks to a 5K My Patootie

My body hates me right now. I ran today. If you could call what I did "running". It was more like this:



I got a free subscription to "Shape" magazine and I found a 5 Weeks to a 5K program. Here is a link to the program:

http://www.shape.com/fitness/training-plans/5-weeks-5k

Granted the plan does stipulate that you'll need to repeat Week 1 until you can run two miles without stopping. I cannot run two miles without stopping. My foot only bothered me about the first 30 - 45 seconds (yes, I will ice it tonight), but it was my muscles that rebelled against me. There were "you neglect us for how many months and now you expect us to work for you?!?!".

I used http://www.mappedometer.com/ to figure out my distance ahead of time (and where the half-mile breaks were). The total distance I went was 2.35 miles in my neighborhood, but it took me over a half-hour to do that.

Tomorrow is supposed to be my cross training day, I got the Bob Harper "Ultimate Cardio Body" from the library, I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting out there. I'm in a serious funk (broken record, I know). Wednesday should be my return to exercise.

    ReplyDelete